Master of Science in Security Informatics Program
The flagship educational experience offered by the Johns Hopkins University in the area of Information Security and Assurance is represented by the Master of Science in Security Informatics (MSSI) degree. The full-time MSSI program is an immersive, three-semester program providing educational, research and professional opportunities that are simply unparalleled in this rapidly expanding field.
While being mentored by recognized leaders in the field, you will combine applied disciplines including Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, and Management and Policy while you benefit from our proximity to Washington, D.C. and our deep connections with federal agencies, key R&D institutions, and diverse industrial sectors.
Among our program's strengths:
- We offer core courses in the most current topics in Information Security, such as Security and Privacy, Cryptography, Computer Forensics, Software Vulnerability Analysis, Intrusion Detection, Healthcare Security Management, Rights in the Digital Age, and Financial Issues in Managing a Secure Operation.
- Our faculty will work with you to customize your educational experience to meet your personal career goals. Our students take courses from across the School of Engineering, as well as at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, the School of Advanced International Studies, and the School of Arts and Sciences.
- We offer unparalleled dual-degree and joint program opportunities in computer science, applied mathematics, health science, and national security. Supported by the research and educational programs at Johns Hopkins' renowned School of Medicine, we are the nation's first information security program to focus on Healthcare Information Security.
- We offer many opportunities for paid research, teaching, and work experiences on our campuses and qualified students may benefit from unique scholarship opportunities, including the National Science Foundation CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service and the Department of Defense Information Assurance Scholarship Program.
- Our technology and recruitment seminar series provides direct access to technical and business leaders in the field and to the latest trends and challenges in the rapidly changing field of Information Security.
Schedule a time to talk with one of our faculty members directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.